Engineering Class Benches
1909 - 1920; Wrought Iron, Wood; Artifact
North Campus; Plaza near west end of Lay Automotive Lab
Consists of four benches, gifts of the Engineering classes of 1909, 1911, 1913, and 1920. Each has a small bronze plaque affixed denoting the class it was a gift of (such as "Senior Bench presented by the class of 19E13"), and the class year has also been worked into the wrought iron legs of the benches. The benches were originally located on Central Campus near West Engineering (now West Hall), and moved to North Campus when the College of Engineering moved in the 1980s.