previous   |   next

Willoughby D. Miller Memorial

Samuel Adolph Cashwan
1940; Marble; Memorial
Central Campus; In front of Kellogg-Dental on North University Avenue side

The left image represents progress of scientific research, and the right image represents child welfare. Gift of the faculty and alumni of the School of Dentistry, with partial funding from the WPA, in memory of Dr. Miller (class of 1875), who had been appointed Dean of the School of Dentistry but died before he could assume the position in 1907. Cashwan taught at U-M during the Depression, and was supervisor of sculpture for the Works Progress Administration/Federal Art Project in Michigan.

 

RECENT INSTALLATIONS

Impressions
Jun Kaneko
2013

Recent Installations

 

ART SPOTLIGHT

BEGOB
Alexander Liberman
1996

Art Spotlight