Doric Entry Portal
1930; Stone; Architectural Artifact
Central Campus; Lawn, southwest side of Lorch Hall
Acquired through the efforts of Emil Lorch, former dean of the College of Architecture. The Doric entrance portal was once part of the oldest stone building in Detroit, the Bank of Michigan, built 1836 at the corner of Jefferson Avenue and Griswold Street. Gift of Emory Clark of Detroit.