The President’s Advisory Committee on Public Art was established in 2006 to
- Advise the president on matters concerning public art.
- Guide a strategic approach to the development of the public art environment on campus.
- Identify high-priority sites for new installations.
- Review and recommend approaches to the long-term funding of public art.
- Review proposals for new works or installations of public art, in coordination with the University Planner’s Office (UPO) and other relevant offices and committees, and make recommendations to the president.
- Advocate for public art and the University’s public art program and assist in the cultivation of resources for public art.
Click here to see the complete 2010 charge to the Committee. The Committee consists of 12 to 16 members of the University community, appointed by the president.
Committee Membership 2011–12
Joseph G. Rosa, Chair
Director, Museum of Art
Executive Director of Leadership Gifts and Presidential Activities, Office of Development
Executive Director of College Relations, College of Engineering
Joel L. Cressman
Associate Professor, Residential College and School of Art and Design
Chief Freedom of Information Officer, Director of Communications Administration and Policy
Community Relations Director
Special Counsel to the President
Vice President for Development
Dean, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor, and Professor of History, College of Literature, Science and the Arts
Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs and Professor of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, Medical School
Monica Ponce de Leon
Dean, Eliel Saarinen Collegiate Professor of Architecture, Professor of Architecture and Urban Planning, Alfred Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning
Max Loehr Collegiate Professor and Chair, Department of History of Art, LS&A
Dean and Professor, School of Art and Design
Helmut F. Stern Professor, Asian Languages and Cultures